Friday, December 18, 2009

Introducing the WCMN’s Temporary Replacement Ranger

Hi All, my name is Murray Tully, I live at Huntly next to the Greater Bendigo National Park with mypartner Gen and two children, Eve 6yrs and Izak 5yrs. We have 23 acres of ex farm land that I am slowly revegetating with seedlings grown from seed I have collected locally.When Graeme Tennant the Mid Loddon CMN ranger had a very unfortunate accident with a chainsawsevering the tendons on the back of his left hand and while he is rehabilitating from this accident I havebeen temporarily taking his place. With Wendy Murphy having her baby (Congrats Wendy) I now find myself temporarily looking after some of her projects as well.In 2006 I enrolled at BRIT in the Diploma of Conservation & Land Management for two years where I participated in such things as:

· Flora and Fauna Surveys including Malleefowl mound surveys

· Sustainable water management including catchment management, water monitoring of the Bendigo

lakes and the writing of a management plan for the Bendigo Creek

· Best practice NRM management including writing and implementing plans for revegetation, pest flora

and fauna and protection of threatened species

· Pest flora and fauna management including practical techniques for integrated pest control

I was a founding member of the newly formed Northern Bendigo Landcare Group where I have enjoyed the positions of Project Officer and currently that of President of the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment